Week 13
Business Update - I'm actually getting really nervous about the business offer that my co-worker made. There has been a little drama between her and the boss, but I'm more nervous about how I'm going to come up with the cash to buy him out. I have little experience in business, so I am hesitant to see any bank loaning me money. I really don't want to borrow from family and taking a second mortgage on the house would turn my hair gray very quickly. At the end of the day, I'm still excited about the opportunity. This could be an answer to many prayers.
This week's topic of gratitude was a good reminder that I need to be grateful for the many opportunities I have in my life. When you are grateful, you are more patient, kinder, and more loving. Even in the darkest moments, there's always something to be grateful for. People who are grateful, seem to have fewer worries or anxiety. President Monson reflected on those we should be most grateful for - mothers, fathers, teachers, friends, country, and our Savior Jesus Christ. These are all people who surround us with love and want to build us up. I am grateful for each of these people in my life because, without them, I would be beaten down and lost. We are sent parents to teach us, teachers and friends, to love us and Jesus Christ to save us. Christ taught gratitude through the parable of the Ten Lepers. If I had been one of the ten, would I have turned and praised him or would I have been too engrossed in my new freedom to show appreciation? I will always strive to show my appreciation to those around me.
Comments
Post a Comment