Week 4

 The sticker on my teenagers' car says, "Sometimes I have to remind myself it's not worth the jail time."  This really puts our actions in perspective; it gives you a moment to think, do I really want this for that? Is it worth the time it'll save me?  Will I feel better or will I feel worse because of my decision?   Life is made up of tiny decisions and if we keep making the right ones, we'll continue to be successful.  

    There's a quote by Marjorie Pay Hinckley, "I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.  I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.  I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children.  I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.  I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.  I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived." I want this same thing.  I don't want opportunities to pass me by.  I hope at the end of my life, I will have completed my mission, that I can look back and say that I did my best.  

    Another thought that I've been having this week is, "The Bug Named Annie".  What is it that I'm really good at?  My boss recently said, he wants me away from the desk and back with the customers because that's where I'm best at, so I added that to my journal.  I'm good with people. I also found her to be hard-working and determined.  Often biting off more than she can chew, but somehow always managing to pull it off.  I'm going to continue my study from other people's perspectives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13

Week 14

Week 12