Week 6
I hate the month of May. It's so stressful that I ended up in my doctor's office with gastric-something-itis, a prescription, and a lecture on my stress level. Throughout the past week, the videos that talked about boundaries and self-mastery keep shaming me, because I don't know how to not say no to opportunities. What's that Heavenly Father? You want me to be YW President? Ok! What's that? I should go back to school? Ok, I can do that. We should get out of debt? Sure, I'll take on a part-time job or two. What's that? No one else will do the fifth-grade slideshow? Um, ok, I can do that, too... And we're not even gonna discuss the housework situation. Yeah, I felt it hard this week. If straight is the gate, then I'm the golden retriever who was trying to get in with a giant stick in his mouth and keeps getting blocked. How does one learn boundaries without abandoning opportunities? How does one learn to be or do all for everyone around them, without sacrificing a bit themselves? For now, I'll take this as a learning experience and be grateful that the kids' school is out, that I quit the second job, that girls camp is next week, and that'll I'll have a break in July.
As for what business I want to start, while reading Mastery, I kept thinking about how powerful words are. A few years or maybe it was a decade back now, a friend and I did up some signs for a school craft fair. Maybe I could go back to sign-making? But how could I make that any different than what a million other Etsy shops are doing? If I took the graphic design certificate that could help me to use those skills as a sign maker? I'm gonna pray on that. Pros to this - I have a silhouette that would get me a head start, a garage full of woodshop tools, years of painting experience and it can be done from home. Something to pray and think about.
Comments
Post a Comment