Week 8

 There are two things I learned this week about overcoming obstacles and challenges - have a sense of humor and have a whole lot of patience.  In the video where Elder Holland broke down twice in the same spot, the older gentleman looked at the situation with a sense of humor and some patience and pointed out that Elder Holland would make it, just not with that car; the man didn't scold Elder Holland for interrupting his day or tell him what dumb choices he made, he patiently pointed out that Elder Holland needed to make other arrangements.  Life is a lot easier when we are able to look at the brighter side of life and realize that there are solutions to every problem. 

 I enjoyed watching the video "Five Whys", where Mr. Ries points out that all problems are human problems.  I like being a problem solver, so realizing that most problems are created by humans, means that we as humans have a chance to learn and grow and become better.  If every day is addressed with problems to be solved and opportunities to learn and be better, then there's never a day wasted.  When my children have had problems, I always ask them, "What did you learn from this situation?"  Sometimes, they respond with less than insightful intuitions at that moment, but maybe as they get older, they can learn to address situations and see them not as mountains to climb, but opportunities to become better.

I enjoyed listening to President Monson's talk and I appreciated his words, "Turn to our Heavenly Father in faith. He will lift you and guide you. He will not always take your afflictions from you, but He will comfort and lead you with love through whatever storm you face."  This is comforting to know that he testifies that Heavenly Father will be with us, even when life gets hard, he will comfort us.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13

Week 14

Week 12