Week 11

My attitude toward money has been a little more ignorant than I would have wanted.  When my husband and I first got married, I had no credit cards or debt and lived basically week to week.  He on the other hand, being ten years older than me, had much more financial baggage to bring to our marriage.  So, he has taken on the bulk of the financial decisions and bill paying.  This has not always turned out for the best as he's a spender and I'm a saver.  Having clear expectations and communications has been the best way for us to manage our financial situation.  My parents taught me to always pay my "fire insurance" or tithing and to save for a rainy day.  Having the financial freedom to choose how you will spend your money is much better than being a slave to credit card debt.  

Your view of money, definitely affects how you live.  My sister married into a very well-to-family and lives close to the top three percent.  I have come to the decision that more money just means more problems.  Yes, you can afford a nine million dollar home, but that means when the air conditioning unit goes out, you're paying $20,000 versus the $2,000 that an average person would pay.  We all have budgets, the only difference is the size of the numbers.  If you are living outside your budgets, then in the long run, you will not be happy and this is regardless of how big your paycheck is. 

The rules that I found for prospering are:
1. Seek the Lord and have hope in Him
2. Keep the commandments, that includes the temporal ones, tithing and fast offerings
3. Think about money and plan how you can become self-reliant
4. Take advantage of chances for learning so you will not be ignorant of these matters.  Get your education!
5.  Learn the laws upon which the blessing of wealth are predicated
6. Do not send away the naked, the hungry, the thirsty or the sick or those who are held captive. 
Rule1.SeektheLordandhavehopeinhimRule2.Keepthecareheld

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13

Week 14

Week 12